The Vanguard Programme is NOT about how to teach our style of karate or SKE’s curriculum… it is about educating the next generation of SKE’s Ambassador’s in best practice for business and too develop them personally and professional for the challenges that lie ahead of them in life.
The individual candidates selected for the internship are vetted and handpicked by SKE’s coaching staff. Those who are nominated for this residency are outstanding individuals and accomplished martial artists, who have a real passion and enthusiasm for their sport and a zest for life. SKE commits to invest a significant amount of time, effort and resource into these candidate as we see them as the future leaders of our community here in Dundee and as an organisation, we want to contribute positive role models to our society.
The 36-month education process which requires to be completed before the individual is formally inaugurated into SKE’s Vanguard is both challenging and demanding but it is also transformative. The curriculum is focusses on leadership development, personal growth and business acumen.
The candidates will be Secondary School age pupils who are also senior grades within the SAKIA Karate Association
The aims of the programme are:
- Demystifying academia for young people from disadvantaged demographics
- To create an alternative pathway for students to entre university or collage
- To provide practical skills, which are attractive and essential for every business/industry, to allow the Vanguard accredited student to standout to potential future employers
- The programme is broken down into 12 modules, with trainees completing one module every three months. Each module comprises of a combination of theory, guidance and activities, reflection and knowledge-based exercises.
- Twelve hours per module of taught content delivering the tuition
- SKE is working toward an accreditation of the Vanguard Programme from the SQA and this would both create an alternative pathway for students to entre university or collage life and for the programme to be recognised outwit martial arts
The content of the modules includes:
- Understanding & Development of Business Functions and Integration
- Impressions, Image & Attitude of Healthy Organisations
- Creativity & Innovation
- Communication & Language
- Customer Relationships Management
- Recruitment & Retention
- Ethos & Culture
- Planning & Structure
- Time Management & Efficiency
- Setting/Achieving Goals & Objectives
- Character, Needs, & Learning Styles
- Motivation & Mindset