The SAKAI Associations day trip to Dublin proved very successful, with us topping the leaderboard @ IKKU Open.
The results came thick and fast with the first four of our athletes who stepped onto the tatami taking Gold in their respective categories.
For four of our young athletes this was a very special moment, as this was the very first occasion we have selected them to represent us at an international championship.
- Jenna Dailly – Girls 8/9 years -29kgs category
- Alicia Dailly – Girls 8/9 year +29kgs category
- Connor McCluskey – Boys 6/7 years category
- Aiden Wyllie – Boys 10/11 years +34 kgs category
After that the floodgates opened and we finished up Number One in the overall championship rankings with: 8 – Gold / 4 – Silver / 6 – Bronze medals. A good day at the office for the SAKAI Association.
Kory Coulter Gold IKKU Open 2020In the Boys 8/9 year -29kgs category, we had a clean sweep with:
- Kory Coulter – Gold
- Michael Kyle – Silver
- Olly Bryson – Bronze
This was a very hotly contested category with some fabulous performances from our young athletes.
Next up onto the tatami was Eve Watt, she was ON FIRE and convincingly swept all of her opposition to the side to achieve Gold in the Girls 10/11 +33kgs category. She beat her fellow club mate Ivy Anderson in the final to be crowned IKKU Champion.
Lewis Bryson was our next Gold medalist in the Boys 12/13 years -42kgs category, his partner in crime Liam Collins also joined him on the podium achieving a Bronze medal on this occasion.
Our last Gold medalist of the day was Matthew Pratt in the Cadet +70kgs category. We were planning for Matthew also compete in the Junior +76kgs category but we had to withdraw him form this category due to injury.
We also had success with with following squad members:
- Kier Wyllie SILVER in the Boys 10/11 years +34 kgs category
- Daisy Hutchison SILVER in the Girls 12/13 -45kgs category
- Ivy Anderson SILVER in Girls 10/11 +33kgs category
- Mya Anderson BRONZE in Girls 12/13 years -55kgs category
- Armaan Ibidunni BRONZE in Boys 8/9 years +29kgs category
- Aiden Tobin BRONZE in Cadet -57kgs category
- Dawid Blaszczak BRONZE in Cadet -70kgs category