Over 800 athletes from all over Europe and beyond flew into Dublin this weekend to compete in this prestigious event.
The SAKAI Association selected 16 athletes to represent our association.
We had a level of success, however we recognised that there were lessons to be learned and actions to be taken, which will increase the percentage of our athletes that not only gain podium places but who are crowned champion.
Overall, we achieved: 2 – Gold Medals, 7 – Silver Medals, 5 – Bronze Medals
The Outstanding performance of the weekend must go to the Boys Team Event [10-11yrs of age]
The boys not only put in a great performance but were a super tight unit.
Take a bow boy’s, you all for sure deserve too.
- Boys Kumite Team 10-11yrs – Armaan Ibidunni, Ollie Bryson, Connor Mccluskey
- Mark Marshall – Male Veteran Kata
- Isabelle Wallace – Female Cadet -57Kgs
- Catriona-Louise Martin – Girls Kumite 12-13yrs -47Kgs
- Ollie Bryson – Boys Kumite 10-11yrs -34Kgs
- Armaan Ibidunni – Boys Kumite 10-11yrs +34Kgs
- Mark Marshall – Male Veteran Kumite
- Female Cadet Team – Eve Watt, Isabelle Wallace
- Girls Team 12-13yrs – Caitlin Dunn, Alicia Dailly, Kirsten Dingwall
- Eve Watt – Female Cadet +54Kgs
- Liam Collins – Male Cadet Kumite -52Kgs
- Lewis Bryson – Male Junior Kumite -61Kgs
- Frankie Coulter – Boys Kumite 8-9yrs -29Kgs
- Male Junior Team – Lewis Bryson, Xander Dunn